Title of the Practice :
Professional Training and Learning Programme
OBJECTIVES OF THE PRACTICE:
• To inculcate professional training and learning abilities
• To refine students by identifying their talents, skills
and proficiency and further blending them with practical knowledge.
• To enhance the level of knowledge of the students
specially in procedural laws i.e Civil Procedure Code, Criminal
Procedure Code, Law of Evidence and Alternate Dispute Resolution.
• To stimulate community service motto among students.
• To expose students to the factual position in the
areas involved in procedural laws i.e police lock-ups, prisons,
courts and tribunals, etc.
• To create professionalism with social commitment.
• Practical learning consists prison visits, court visits,
master classes, community service through legal awareness
and legal aid.
• Law students need to have practical knowledge about
their law course as it requires professionalism.
• In the beginning many students face actual problems
when they start law practicing as they are not having any
• Mere learning theoretically is not so useful for students
to become successful law practitioner.
• Professional training and LEARNING programme has been
introduced with the intent of encouraging and motivating students
to become a well prepared law practitioner.
• The College has undertaken numerous steps and has
adopted prudent practices that make training and learning
• At the commencement of every academic year the Principal
along with the faculty members formulates various committees/cells
to prepare a planner of activities in order to ensure that
practical learning runs smoothly.
• College has made mandate that the students have to
visit the all prominent places which are concerned with law
• Under this best practice students are also directed
to visit rural areas to conduct free legal literacy/legal
Evidence of success:
• Ever since this best practice introduced
our students accepted wholeheartedly and undergone through
this programme very actively.
• This practice has made students to understand legal
aspects in practical manner.
• Students are understanding the socio-legal problems
of the society and trying to resolve it.
• Our students as well as many needy people got benefited
by this programme.
• Programmes conducted under Community
Service demand exposure of law to the
• It is challenging to accommodate problems of people
from different sects of the society and cater to their needs
within the allotted time.
• Few students are not showing complete dedication due
to various reasons.
• Lack of financial support and funding system.